The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend.
-Henry David Thoreau
Thanksgiving is approaching and it is the single day of the year that we dedicate to realizing what we are grateful for in life. I personally think it is unfortunate that this doesn't necessarily happen on a regular basis and that we only start acknowledging about these things around the holidays, but I do appreciate the allotted time to announce what I am thankful for.
I am of course thankful for all of our class. Everyone contributes and makes English very unique, but I am especially grateful for my best friend Isabel. She is literally the nicest person ever and she makes English so much fun. I was so glad when I found out we had English together. Our frantic texts to each other about homework assignments, those train rides where we talk about our (my) crazy families, our Wednesday tradition (even though it bothers some people), and the way we walk around the school in a circle before class starts so we don't look like complete loners have really strengthened our friendship. She is a great paper editor and always has insightful ideas about everything we are reading that I hadn't even thought of yet. She makes me see things that I would have never noticed. She is super smart with math team and AP World and I have no idea how she does it but it is incredible. She motivates me to work and she reminds me about assignments without complaining (considering I have to ask a lot with my terrible memory). I appreciate the way she listens to me ramble about Grey's Anatomy and Harry Potter even though I know she is not a huge fan. I am thankful for the way she fills me in on songs, people, and movies when she sees the confused look on my face. I hope she knows I would do the same for her, even though she is educated in pop culture and who the Kardashians are (which I do, by the way, know now thanks to her and Google). I have only known her freshman and sophomore year, but it feels like I have been friends with her forever.
I love you Isabel and am so grateful that you became part of my life!! You are a wonderful person and I hope you know that!
I love you Isabel and am so grateful that you became part of my life!! You are a wonderful person and I hope you know that!
I would also like to say I am grateful for everyone in our class, even though I don't know all of you that well, because listening to all of your ideas and insights is a wonderful privilege. Thank you all!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment